Vacuum Excavation and Plumbers in Brisbane and Beyond
Vacuum Excavation also known as non-destructive digging is an extremely useful and versatile service for many different trades. It can make a tradies’ job less time consuming, less labour intensive and of course considerably more cost effective. One of the major trade services that can benefit from using vacuum excavation in their work is the plumbing profession.
Plumbing and Vacuum Excavation
By its very nature, plumbing involves a fair amount of digging- locating underground pipes, cables and utilities; digging to gain access to established underground pipes and utilities, trenching to make room for new pipe installations.
Plumbers provide many valuable services, including:
- Cold and hot water supply to bathrooms, kitchens
- Sewer, Gas, Mains Water.
- Central heating systems and gas or oil supply systems
- Installing drainage systems
Using a vacuum excavation truck and experienced operator to help with the provision of these services will be beneficial not only to the plumber’s business but also for their customer’s overall satisfaction.
How can Vacuum Excavators help plumbers?
There are many areas where a vacuum excavator can assist a plumber:
- Underground Location of Pipes.
- Opening up areas around underground utilities.
- Vacuum Pit Suctioning including sewage and septic tanks.
- Jet- rodding to clean out dirt and obstructions in pipes.
- Digging through and around tree roots in a non-destructive manner so that pipes can be laid without damaging trees.
- Installing Root Barriers to prevent tree roots from destroying underground pipes
Underground Location of Pipes and Opening Up Areas Around Underground Utilities
Non-destructive digging is considered best industry practice for safely locating underground utilities, reducing by more than half the chance of damaging buried utilities. The high-pressure gun blasts the soil to a slurry and the vacuum hose pulls all the waste out of the trench or hole and pulls it into the steel tank on the truck. This is q
Vacuum Pit Suctioning including sewage and septic tanks.
The power hose on a vacuum excavator is extremely powerful and can suck up to 5000 litres of waste. It is extendable therefore it can easily reach areas which are inaccessible to other machines.
Jet- rodding to clean out dirt and obstructions in pipes
Pipe Jet Rodding is the use of a specially designed tip sent up conduits to clear blockages. Communication pits can easily be de-watered and water can be removed from low access areas up to 30 meters away.
Digging through and around tree roots in a non-destructive manner so that pipes can be laid without damaging trees.
What sets Heritage Vacuum Excavation apart from other vacuum excavation companies in the Brisbane area is the ability to wash around tree roots with a specially designed wand without harming the cambium layer of the tree root. If you need pits or trenches dug out in areas close to protected or valuable trees, non-destructive digging is definitely the best way to go about it. If tree roots are obstructing or damaging the pipes, our Arborist will know exactly where to cut the root without hurting the tree.
Installation of Root Barriers
Pipes that are laid close to trees can be damaged by expanding roots. Using a qualified and experienced Arborist Vacuum Excavator Operator to install a root barrier, will protect both the pipes and the trees from damage.
Reasons for Plumbers to use Heritage Vacuum Excavations:
- We have comprehensive Public Liability Insurance and have Work Cover Queensland Insurance for all our employees.
- Our working standards comply with all relevant Australian Standards and best practice.These standards are also correlated and reviewed with International Standards.
- The company has ISO9001:2015 Quality Assurance Accreditation.
- Competitive Hourly Rates- Cost efficient as saves in time and labour.
- Experienced and highly trained operator. Qualified Arborists used for tree work.